Technical Project Manager
Job ID 2021-3129
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a technical project manager with 1-3 years of experience to join our team. In this role, you will facilitate the success of your team by leveraging Agile techniques to enable predictable delivery of high quality and valuable software. You will act as a servant leader and guide, fostering an environment of high performance, continuous flow, and relentless improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate process. Facilitate team meetings, including sprint planning, sprint grooming, daily stand-up, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and sprint review.
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals. Continuously seek improvement in areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and sprint goals, through the following:
- Pursue commitment. Ensure that the product owner and team have a shared, agreed upon understanding of the commitment for each sprint.
- Promote visibility. Maintain transparency into the team’s work for all stakeholders at an appropriate level of detail. Radiate information, including established KPIs.
- Remove impediments. Support the team in eliminating impediments blocking commitments.
- Support the Product Owner. Support backlog management and refinement. Guide the team in sizing and establishing estimates. Foster a healthy team dynamic regarding scope and priorities.
- Drive accountability and lead team efforts in relentless improvement. Help the team take responsibility for their actions by enabling a culture of trust and continuous improvement. Facilitate effective retrospectives and help the team become better problem solvers.
- Enable a high-performing team. Apply coaching and development techniques to drive continuous improvement in team performance and satisfaction. Help the team exploit strengths and work through challenges, only escalating to management when the team cannot resolve on its own.
- Champion Agility. Help the team embrace and adopt Agile values, principles, and practices. Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the team. Maintain awareness of industry trends and new technology, and explore those that would benefit our teams.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 1-3 years in a technical project manager role on a software development team
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with the software development lifecycle
- Skilled at refinement, task splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, facilitation, and other Agile techniques
- Some experience using Lean techniques of visualization and limiting Work in Progress (WIP), and reducing batch sizes and managing queue lengths
- Strong coaching and motivation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Knowledge of software development tools, languages, and standards
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry
- Experience with mobile-based solutions such as SMS and push/proximity notifications
- Experience with Kanban
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with an object oriented programming language
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus