Lead - Editor
Job ID 2023-5576
WebMD Health Corp., an Internet Brands Company, is the leading provider of health information services, serving patients, physicians, health care professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms, and health-focused publications. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, Jobson Healthcare Information, prIME Oncology, MediQuality, Frontline, QxMD, Vitals Consumer Services, MedicineNet, eMedicineHealth, RxList, OnHealth, Medscape Education, and other owned WebMD sites. WebMD®, Medscape®, CME Circle®, Medpulse®, eMedicine®, MedicineNet®, theheart.org®, and RxList® are among the trademarks of WebMD Health Corp. or its subsidiaries. Aptus Health is a wholly owned subsidiary of WebMD.
For Company details, visit our website: www.webmd.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Education: Ph.D./B. Pharm or any other Medical degree: BAMS/BHMS/MMBS/BDS/MD
Experience: 6+ years
- 6+ years’ experience in editing, including experience with an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Acumen to deliver consistently high-quality editorial in multiple formats to capture and maintain the interest of physicians and reflect a high standard of literacy and accuracy
- Editing of individual stories to verify accuracy and reflect good news judgment in a fast paced news environment
- Good organizational ability, good verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the capacity to work effectively under pressure
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as various projects required
- A sophisticated understanding of medicine in general and the medical specialty in detail
- High productivity evidenced in ability to meet daily digital and print deadlines, solve editorial problems rapidly, and perform tasks on schedule to meet embargoes,
- Interpersonal skills to meet demands imposed by sharing a staff tasked with developing content for specialty-specific web sites, online publication extensions including supplements, resource centers, and microsites,
- Flexibility and creativity to meet the needs of specialist readers in a competitive multimedia environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing five to seven medical editors
- Assigning and editing high-quality, engaging, and medically-accurate content, particularly in the areas of Psychology, Neurology, Allergy, Infectious Diseases, HIV, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Oncology, Gastroenterology, or Cardiology
- Edit articles to verify accuracy, rewriting as needed as well as evaluating and integrating perspectives from editorial reviewers
- Managing the editorial workflow from start to finish
- Work with freelancers as needed
- Managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Analyze traffic metrics and audience engagement as part of strategic editorial planning
- Providing new approaches for sometimes dry or difficult content for professional and consumer audiences
- Collaborating on strategic content with other departments, e.g. SEO Team, Medical Reviewers, Photo Editors, Content Editors, and Strategists as needed
- Review key specialty journals and medical news outlets
- Monitor competing information sources
- Edit relevant daily content for web
- Collaborate with web editors, graphics, art to enhance online content with value-added information such as graphics, photos, video, audio, original source documents, etc.
- Approve articles and subject lines for newsletters
- Collaborate on social media initiatives developed for specialty