Team Lead, Development
Job ID 2020-2265
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title: Team Lead, Development
Job Location: 395 Hudson Street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York, 10014
Job Type: Full Time
Duties: Develop consumer facing applications; responsible for project development, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance; communicate and collaborate with cross functional team members, other teams, and departments, such as product and project management, or business stakeholders; champion development and technical best practices, and exhibit thoughtful and sound judgement; keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies; and lead a globally distributed team of developers by mentoring, and providing guidance on how the products are built.
Requirements: Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field; and 3 years of work experience in job offered, or 3 years of work experience in a related occupation. Experience must include one year of experience with each of the following:
- experience delivering large scale web applications;
- Experience with Webpack and NPM;
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs and transforming their responses;
- Experience developing and using design patterns;
- experience with software development, debugging and deployment tools;
- experience creating technical models and documentation;
- Scrum, Kanban/Lean, test-driven development, continuous integration;
- experience with Front End Automation testing using known automation framework; and experience with version control software.