Director, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2023-5421
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
- Sell current and new advertising products and strategic initiatives
- Develop the strategies needed to help clients make informed decisions through a consultative sales approach
- Utilize forecasting and business analytical skills to take advantage of opportunities and to expand relationships
- Build relationships with agency and brand decision makers alike
- Develop and pitch client proposals and opportunities
- Work closely with internal teams to identify key strategies to maximize impact of clients’ campaigns on the WebMD Health Network
- Work closely with Sales Planning group to ensure advertising campaigns performance metrics
- Meeting quarterly and annual sales goals and change sales into revenue
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent experience required
- 5 to 10+ years advertising sales experience
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Excels in an entrepreneurial sales environment with only moderate supervision.
- Can handle the complexities of managing a territory with internal teammates based in Newark, New Jersey.
- Effectively blend the need to be a brand champion, a data expert, analyst, and a client consultant in order to maximize territory sales
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys working on a team
- Ability to handle feedback on all aspects of sales and internal relationship development, learn from mistakes and grow
- 5+ years of internet, media, or healthcare related sales preferred
- Relevant vertical marketplace experience (pharmaceutical advertising) a plus
- Experience selling large, integrated and/or risk based advertising programs is a plus
- Agency experience in both the planning and buying of traditional and interactive media a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems preferred