Senior Editor, Vision Monday/JHI
Job ID 2022-4427
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Jobson Optical Group products reach the ECPs, retailers and laboratories playing major roles in the global optical market today. From industry news, product launches, fashion trends and clinical information to research, educational programs, custom publishing and e-marketing, Jobson is the leading, single source for today's worldwide ophthalmic community. Brands include 20/20, Vision Monday, Review of Optometry, Review of Optometric Business, Women in Optometry, ECP Business Services, Jobson Research, Jobson Interactive and Frames Data.
Leading, award-winning business retail/health news platform seeks experienced Senior Editor, to take on a critical role on our daily news and features editorial team. Vision Monday is a part of the Jobson Optical Group, a division of WebMD. This job entails reporting, researching, writing news stories, features, special projects and staff reports for our daily e-newsletter, our website and our 9x a year print/digital editions. We are seeking an experienced b-to-b journalist and creative reporter also comfortable devising innovative live and hybrid thought-leadership events. We are seeking someone with 5-8 years of experience to join our team.
The Senior Editor is responsible for writing compelling copy, editing manuscripts on a wide array of medical/optical and business topics, and consistently finding creative new ways to connect with readers, in print and online. The Senior Editor is responsible for news reporting and feature writing for monthly publication and other assigned projects/products.
The editorial role would require a particular focus on the following industry areas/issues:
Larger/national chain retail: organizations and senior/buying team execs, store developments, online updates, marketing messages, merchandising and operations developments
Mergers and consolidations, building relationships with key leaders at private-equity-backed groups and organizations.
Insurance and Managed vision care companies and dynamics: organizations and senior execs, plan developments, marketing messages, impact on provider relations/programs.
Supplier focus: digital and supply chain technologies. Instrumentation, practice management systems
- Develop new content ideas
- Daily and weekly journalistic reporting of news and key corporate developments and business expansion
- Develop creative feature ideas translatable across, digital, print and live platforms
- Oversee major integrated editorial programs including live events and forums
- Write and copyedit articles, headlines, blurbs, decks, callouts and sideboards for layouts for the various Vision Monday publications including the website, all social media, newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements
- Respond to reader inquiries and fact check as needed
- Work with clients, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publication or postings
- Represent journal at media events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum of 5-8 years in news writing/editing
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details and accuracy, and be internet savvy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), PhotoShop and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of healthcare field and business matters a plus.
- Familiarity with CMS edit systems
- Thorough knowledge of social/digital media platforms, reflecting successful program/content initiatives in this arena, linked to the B-to-B arena
- Familiarity and comfort level with the retail business, both brick and mortar plus digital; someone who can cover leading groups, spark trend coverage from outside the field
- Travel to industry events required to represent Vision Monday at key industry functions & meetings in the US, and potentially internationally.