Sr Product Manager, Affiliates
Job ID 2021-2615
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape is seeking an energetic and experienced product manager to join our team, supporting the management and development of the Medscape Network as we continue to expand our reach with new affiliate brands, regions and audiences.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the standard product management portfolio, including product ideation with stakeholders, users, and clients; market and competitive analysis; requirements gathering and documentation; Agile scrum team collaboration; and post launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams can include editorial, sales, production, design, development/engineering, data services, and marketing teams, across a wide range of domestic and global affiliates.
The successful candidate will:
- Sync features and functionality across Medscape and its affiliates, integrating with the core Medscape applications as needed
- Manage uniformity of core site metrics (content tagging, analytics, reporting, etc.) across affiliates
- Implement cross-affiliate sales & promo initiatives
- Strategy definition for cross-affiliate product implementation
- Unified delivery and reporting for client programs
- Coordination with sales team priorities, campaign integration
- Collaborate with SEO team to incorporate best practices
- Determine design and update strategy to modernize Network sites
- Meet with business stakeholders to develop product vision, driving for alignment with each affiliate’s value proposition and market differentiation
- Write product documentation such as user stories, use cases, and functional specifications
- Work with Project Management to create and manage product roadmaps and feature backlogs
- Interact with and convey requirements to implementation teams, and ensure products meet specifications;
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product and development status
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Digital or Graphic Design, Media Studies or related field or an additional 4 years of experience in product/ management
- 5+ years in online and software product management and development;
- Be a passionate advocate for your products;
- Possess excellent organizational skills, and be a very strong and confident communicator, able to translate easily between business, editorial, sales, and engineering teams;
- Show expertise in cross-platform (desktop and app) UX/UI
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills, and the ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues
- Prioritize their time effectively and manage multiple products simultaneously
- Experience with the online publishing industry
- Experience with the pharmaceutical marketing industry, including agency work
- Experience working with clinical information or experience within the healthcare industry