Associate Attorney - M&A
Job ID 2018-13867
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD, an Internet Brands company, is seeking an Attorney with 3-4 years of experience. The successful candidate will have general corporate legal experience, specializing in M&A transactions and commercial contracts. The Attorney must be confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
In partnership with business line leaders, other corporate functions and Legal team members:
- Participate in various domestic and international M&A activities and other strategic corporate transactions, including conducting and managing due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal documentation, and coordinating deal closings
- Provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including customer agreements, professional services contracts, content development and license agreements, data agreements and software and technology license agreements
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks relevant to WebMD's business, including online advertising
- Support the ongoing improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- JD or equivalent with license in good standing to practice law in NY required
- 3-4 years relevant experience required
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice and solutions
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, finance and business development
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a high volume work environment
- Ability to work independently