Frontend Software Engineer
Job ID 2021-3605
QxMD is a rapidly growing medical education platform that reaches over 3 million healthcare providers each year; we are a division of Medscape, a leading global provider of on-line medical content, tools, mobile applications and medical education. Our community of physicians and other healthcare providers rely on QxMD to discover relevant medical research, make better clinical decisions or learn about medical topics relevant to their practice. Our platform provides our customers with high value solutions that drive rare disease awareness, provide digital/mobile medical education and support clinicians via mobile-optimized clinical decision support.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
QxMD is seeking an enthusiastic Front End Software Developer to join our QxMD Developer team. At QxMD we are focused on improving knowledge translation in medicine, to help ensure healthcare professionals have the information they need to treat patients with the highest quality of care. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a position in a company that is making a measurable, positive impact in the world. You are someone who wants to make a difference, and you want to derive meaning from your work.
We encourage candidates to check-out our apps by searching for QxMD on the Apple and Google app stores!
In 2019, QxMD was acquired by WebMD/Medscape so we are now a partner to one of the largest names in medical news and education.
This key role will work with the team to:
- Build/Implement web apps based on designs provided by the design team.
- Update existing apps to ensure modernization/scalability.
- Write, review, and improve software so that it delivers a flawless, reliable, and enjoyable user experience.
- Collaborate with team members in many locations to bring out the best that the team has to offer.
- Provide your unique perspective during the architectural, design, and development phases to help us realize collective brilliance.
- Practice a learning mindset, soliciting and leveraging feedback to grow and thrive while helping to improve processes, practices, and our use of industry leading technologies.
- Work closely with a diverse team that includes software developers, product managers, UX/UI designers, and manual and automated quality assurance engineers.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong problem solving skills to rapidly develop sound and maintainable solutions.
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Experience implementing mockups/designs into functional apps.
- Strong teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills
- Familiar with Agile software development principles and practices. We use a combination of SCRUM and Kanban practices.
- Equivalent experience to a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Human Computer Design Engineering, User Experience, or one of these degrees.
- 3-5 years as a Software Developer
- 1-2 years of experience writing software that is user-facing
- You have a portfolio of your work that you are proud to show
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills