Head of Data Platform
Job ID 2020-2067
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The VP, Data Platform will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy and tactics to grow and evolve our scalable and extensible data platform to meet changing, fast-growing business needs, and efficiently integrate data from a plethora of sources. The data platform is the critical foundation for our business to drive measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Own the strategic vision and the technology roadmap for our data platform to meet the data needs of different stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Deliver and execute a plan to modernize the data infrastructure and tools to efficiently support both operational and analytical data workloads.
- Lead and help build a global team of high-performing data engineers, architects, and administrators.
- Define and implement best practices for all data management data governance and data integration processes and tools.
- Effectively and collaboratively prioritize data-related projects, balancing goals and dependencies from internal and external stakeholders, including product teams, technology, marketing, business leaders and partners.
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years experience in managing and mentoring data engineering teams and platforms.
- Experience in either the consumer internet space or the healthcare industry.
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Thorough understanding of customer-centric data platforms, marketing data sources, and integration with online marketing activation channels.
- Deep technical background with a Masters Degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred
- Experience with Python or Java programming languages.
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL for various reporting and transformation needs.
- Demonstrated success in building an environment which fosters and rewards collaboration, accountability, and trust
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills across every level of the organization,
- Experience applying Agile to data engineering.