Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach (Romulus, MI)
Job ID 2021-3489
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to deliver well-being programming and face-to-face health coaching to eligible participants as well as help to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
The Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach is responsible for client satisfaction, retention, and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
Corporate Wellness Coordinator/Coach’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Success staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
NOTE: This position is ON-SITE at the clients location in Romulus, MI
In this role you will:
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Increase awareness and engagement in the client-wide well-being programs
- Provide customized support to designated locations/business units
- Promote well-being through meaningful interactions with employees
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from client and WebMD account team
- Assist with program promotion, including development and/or distribution of promotional materials
- Provide 1:1, video, and/or group health coaching
- Assist participants’ progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Perform biometric screenings via fingerstick utilizing CardioChek analyzers for results retrieval
- Perform blood pressure measurement screenings (manual and automatic)
- Perform annual vision testing across designated client sites using an Optec 5000 machine
- Coordinate logistics and implement client-wide challenges, screenings, promotions, programs, events, etc.
- Encourage and support well-being policies at the client worksites (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines)
- Develop and facilitate educational programs (i.e., courses, workshops, special events, and tabling events)
- Deliver presentations both in-person and virtually
- Coordinate and maintain a Well-being Champion Network
- Collaborate with client’s HR/Benefit teams, and other departments as applicable
- Develop and maintain files of community resources and health content for augmenting program delivery when necessary
- Create and execute annual project plans, including development of delivery/implementation plan, action plans and tracking key project milestones for assigned sites
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Track and report on all participant-facing activities (e.g., coaching interactions, presentations, tabling events, challenges, etc.)
- Monitor expenditures to assure spending remains within client's specified guidelines
- Regular utilization of WebMD management information systems to track and evaluate program
- Participate in both internal WebMD and client meetings
- Other duties specific to account as assigned by client or WebMD (e.g., other in person health assessments, support fitness center, etc.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required in a health-related field or equivalent years of experience
- A least one year of Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience required
- Available to travel locally, as needed
- Excellent communication/people skills, including proven ability to adapt to individual communication styles and client work groups, including office and manufacturing environments
- Experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Independent problem solving and decision-making ability
- Ability to work autonomously at client location while working collaboratively with remote WebMD account team members
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interacting with participants
- Experience and comfort using Microsoft and Google office products
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoaches certification
- Previous experience conducting fingerstick TC/HDL/GLU screenings, blood pressure measurement, and results coaching
- Special interest/certification in areas such as: group exercise instruction, yoga, or mindfulness/meditation
- Experience and comfort delivering health presentations/programming and interacting with participants both in-person and virtually