Senior Software Engineer
Job ID 2020-2524
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As a Sr. Engineer, you will play an important role in the success of our development teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you'll be a coding leader for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll help code important efforts on our core platforms, including extending our EHR integration capabilities, providing technical leadership on new strategic initiatives, and crafting strategies for getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
You will collaborate with product, design, technology, and data science colleagues to create new applications and improve existing applications. You will help develop product prototypes, and create technical documentation relating to application development. You will review PR’s for your team, assist architects in evaluating application technologies, and make recommendations for best practices based on the situation, team, and product needs. You will mentor and train more junior team members in areas of software development. You will balance and teach others on the needs of code maintainability, performance, and functionality. You will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop solutions that add value and efficiency across systems with minimal technical debt.
- Collaborate closely with fellow developers, architects, product owners, and other stakeholders in crafting optimal solutions to product goals.
- Deliver code with a Test First mentality and a heavy focus on quality at the code level.
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to inform and guide your peers and more junior members of your team.
- Support development of cross-functional business processes.
- Work with other Engineers to ensure best-practices, cross-team collaboration, and continuity of process.
- Help foster a culture of collaboration with engineering teams in Asia, Latin America, and around the United States.
Experience you will have:
- .Net Framework
- .NET Core
- Unit Testing
- RESTful web services
- Messaging & queuing
- Front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
Bonus points for …
- Knowledge of the FHIR standard
- Knowledge of various architectural approaches such as microservices
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer related subject area or related business field and eight (8) or more year’s experience in Information Technology and solution delivery, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar fields is required. Experience working with SAAS based solution delivery organization (preferred).