Job ID 2022-3976
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape is seeking an energetic and creative product manager to join our Product team, which proudly serves the professional health care industry both in the US and global markets. This role will focus on educational products serving both the Medical Affairs portfolio, as well as Global Education initiatives. The product manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, documentation, partnering with stakeholders and cross functional teams, requirements gathering and project planning, documentation, and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include business, editorial, production, design, QA, data services, and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- Meet with business stakeholders to develop a technically product vision and related documentation and wireframes;
- Write product documentation such as user stories, use cases, and functional specifications
- Be a passionate advocate for our products and possess strong communication and presentation skills;
- Monitor user experience and coordinate user testing to determine effectiveness and impact on user engagement;
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product management and development planning;
- Manage multiple products simultaneously;
- Be creative and curious and make regular contributions for new product ideas on how to better engage our community of healthcare professionals and facilitate discussion on clinical topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Digital or Graphic Design, Media Studies or related field or an additional 4 years of experience in product management;
- 2+ years’ experience in online and software product management and development; or related systems/business analysis experience.
- Experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for business partners and technical product teams including business rationale, user stories, functional specifications, and wireframing;
- Demonstrated understanding of web user psychology and user experience trends;
- Advanced organizational skills;
- Advanced communication skills, i.e. a strong and confident communicator able to converse easily among business, editorial and development teams;
- Experience working in Agile and Matrixed environments.
- Experience with online publishing and/or online education