Senior Manager of Product Management
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Senior Manager of Product Development helps lead the overall strategic vision for their product portfolio and is accountable for succeeding against identified metrics, managing the product portfolio’s budget and financials, and setting short and long-term product goals as well as ensuring the product team is effectively working together with their partners across the organization.
The Platform, Services and Administration Product Portfolio represents the entirety of our client facing products grouped by Tools, Data Platform, Relevancy, Reporting and our Client Facing Administration System.
You will be responsible for maintaining multiple fast-paced, engineer dominant scrum based teams that represent a product portfolio of client-facing applications for WebMD. You will work with shared resources across our organization and other product portfolios to ensure your teams success and goals of continuous integration. You will guide your team to maintain the highest standards of compliance, security and scale.
- Coordinate across their portfolio product owners to ensure that every team has defined scope and clear objectives
- Use data analytics and metrics to drive strategy, decision making, and prioritization within your Portfolio
- Be the “voice of the client” to all outside stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the portfolio product teams are getting the support they need
- Oversee progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with product strategy and goals
- Help product owners on their team with any issues relating to resources, partner teams, infrastructure, support, etc.
- Develop materials and documents for Client Delivery
- Works with Product Marketing and Sales to develop materials that support continuous marketing and pre-sales support
- Attend any meetings that involve direct product support or attendance representing each product and product manager for their group
- Make final decisions on any scope changes to prioritize key features
- Manage resource allocation strategy to ensure teams have team members they need
- 3+ years’ experience, including 3+ in a technology management or product strategy role (e.g. Senior Manager or Director) or requirements development role.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- 2+ years’ experience with services, API’s and industry best practices for their development
- Strong business experience
- Proven use of data analytics and metrics in the product development process
- History with consumer based tools, applications or services
- Experience with Cloud Based technologies and Services
- Experience with agile development
- Domain expertise
- Engineering or technical background (through experience or education)
*As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.