Job ID 2020-2141
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As an Application Architect, you will play an important leadership role in the design and evaluation of software projects. Reporting to the head of software engineering, you'll be a primary software leader for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll be helping lead important efforts on our core content platform, including designing search capabilities, our approach to metadata, and strategies for getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
You will collaborate with product, design, technology, and data science colleagues to create new applications and improve existing applications, develop product prototypes, and create technical documentation relating to application development. You will evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best practices based on the situation, team, and product needs. You will mentor and train other team members in areas of software development. You will balance and teach others on the needs of code maintainability, performance, and functionality. You will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design solutions that add value and efficiency across systems.
- Evaluate and undertake impact evaluation on major design options and assess associated risks.
- Define, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Solution Architect and Technology and Product leaders in aligning our technology plans with our business strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with the Solution Architect, other Application Architects, Engineering Leads, Engineers, and QA Automation Engineers in finding optimal solutions for product goals, and aligning system/architecture roadmaps to product roadmaps.
- Provide a clear picture to software engineering teams as to how to approach implementation of solutions.
- Help business and technology leadership understand available tradeoffs inherent in available technology choices.
- Support development of cross-functional business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches via technology enablement.
- Code the most difficult tasks.
- Think of yourself as a "UX designer for software engineers" - you think not only of how to solve problems, but how to make implementing the solution easy for others.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer related subject area or equivalent years of experience
- Eight year’s experience in Information Technology and solution delivery, or equivalent
- Experience working with SAAS based solution delivery organization (preferred).
- Maintain high standards, while being realistic about what is possible.
- Experience in product development in an enterprise setting, leveraging modern technology stacks.
- Experience in integration approaches, such as microservices, messaging, queuing, API patterns, etc.
- Experience in running / managing an enterprise development work stream involving several systems and teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in interacting at multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with .Net Framework, .Net Core, RESTFul API's, SQL, and a front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.