Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator (Pittsburgh PA)
Job ID 2022-4389
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Dedicated Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it as well as provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants. This position will be primarily located onsite at multiple client locations in the Pittsburgh, PA area, with travel to other client sites throughout the United States as needed.
The Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator will be responsible for face-to-face coaching sessions as determined by the client. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting onsite learning sessions and promotional events. The Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities. A portion of their responsibilities will also be related to program management support.
The Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as a customer advocate, as well a point of contact with senior customer stakeholders and HR Advocates to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
Sr. Wellness Program Coordinator proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes and develop new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Coordinate and deliver onsite and virtual events, including stop-by tables and lunch and learns
- Assist with promotion and implementation of onsite biometric and blood screening events
- Improve the health lifestyle behaviors and overall health of participants
- Perform face-to-face at-risk health education based on participants' completed health risk appraisal; one-on-one, video, active, and group coaching
- Provide assessment of at-risk areas and provide referral to appropriate resources
- Understand and deliver client-centered coaching through a combination of reflective listening and identification of readiness to change
- Assist participants' progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health education sessions
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports which incorporate the health education calls made to clients' participants and onsite and virtual activities
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from the client and WebMD account team
- Coordinate meetings and other communications (internal and external)
- Work closely and meet regularly with HR Advocates to assist with site-specific program promotion
- Work with internal and external Communications teams to coordinate the customization of WebMD’s standard communication vehicles, and when necessary, the development of original materials
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of client health education programs
- Provide ongoing program performance review and strategy support
- Support WebMD Health Services product and service line expansion
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BS/BA required, MS/MBA is a differentiator
- Professional Certification from National Wellness Institute (NWI), The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC), or the equivalent certification will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience required
- Minimum of 2 years delivering healthcare information products and services required, especially consumer-facing interfaces and health and wellness administration
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience working with a manufacturing population preferred
- 5 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience preferred
- 5 of more years of delivering healthcare information products and services, especially consumer-facing interfaces and health and wellness administration, preferred