European Technical Lead, Web
Job ID 2022-3969
At Medscape, a division of WebMD, our mission is to improve patient care by empowering physicians and healthcare professionals with essential clinical information and tools. We develop portals and mobile apps that make it easy for them to stay abreast of the latest clinical information, access point of care tools, learn about new treatment options, engage into learning experiences and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for our technical referent in web technologies (Node.js, Vue or React) for our teams in Europe : France, Belgium, Germany, UK.
100% hands-on, you will not have to do the administrative matter, but only to enjoy the technical side. Your role may require you to travel within Europe to mentor local teams or even be part of the project for a while.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and estimate the evolutions of the technical stack
- Be proactive on the architecture and tools that will allow our products to stay on
cutting-edge technology and scalability of the platform
- Develop these new features with the other developers of the team while keeping consistency amongst our applications (quality, performance and safety)
- Support teams in technical issue resolution and perform code reviews
- Coach the European web teams and train newcomers.
Node.js, VueJs, React, Gitlab, Kubernetes, Cloudflare, RabbitMQ, Elastic Search, Solr, Nginx, Cypress
- Minimum 3+ years experience in one of the following front end frameworks (React, Vue, Angular)
- You master Node.js
- Experience with modern CI/CD (gitlab etc..)
- Experience with Restful Api
- Cypress or Jest for unit testing
- Docker has no secrets for you
- A previous experience in php or java can influence our choice
- Micro Front End Architecture
- Language : Fluent in English
- Experience in K8S is obviously a big plus
What we offer:
- Good base salary + bonus + participation
- Remote friendly policy
- Health Insurance by Axa (70% covered by WebMD)
- Benefits from the Social and Economic Committee (chèque Culture, Chèque cadeau, refunding of holidays and leisure costs, access to an employee benefits platform)
- Subsidization of the company restaurant and 50% refund of the Navigo card
- Learning and professional development program