Technical Project Manager
Job ID 2020-2323
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Krames Technical Project Manager
Krames is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage a complex project portfolio across Krames and our partners. You will collaborate with technology and product members to steward key projects within our strategic road-map, serving as air-traffic control for our business. Reporting to the Executive Director of Technology, you'll be a key player for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll help guide important efforts on our core platforms, including extending our EHR integration capabilities and getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
The Ideal Candidate:
You possess a balance of organizational skills and prioritization ability. You understand technology as a vehicle to key business objectives. You see the big picture, you recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you guide the team down a path that leads to successfully achieving their core objectives. While you’re familiar with a variety of methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcome is far more important than obsessing about status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you bring all the right people and skills together, and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management of projects.
- Work with product management, business, and development to effectively shepherd projects from concept to launch.
- Work with internal development teams to execute against requirements.
- Ensure proper schedule expectations are set both within the team and with business stakeholders.
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a SaaS project manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams.
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC).
- Proficiency in Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies.
- Skilled communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable plans.
- Experience with writing requirement specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Willingness to dive in and research a project or problem from multiple points-of-view, build consensus to supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go forward game plan.
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Ideal candidate would have hands-on technical skills, but candidates strongly conversant with technical topics will also be considered.
NOTE: This role can sit in either Portland, OR or Los Angeles, CA