Job ID 2022-4041
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
MGP is a specialist healthcare publisher and medical education agency based in Buckinghamshire. Our mission is to improve patients’ lives by promoting best practice in healthcare. We are part of the WebMD Professional Health Network. WebMD's professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician portal in the world.
Under our titles (Guidelines, Guidelines in Practice, Guidelines for Nurses, and Guidelines for Pharmacy), the Publications Team provides multimedia content that supports healthcare professionals with their delivery of high-quality patient care based on best-practice clinical guidance. If you have a life science degree (or higher) and are looking to start or progress your career in medical publishing/communications, then this could be your perfect role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- ensuring the quality and accuracy of all materials produced
- fact-checking, proofreading, and commissioning content
- following processes and house style
- writing news and social media posts
- updating and managing databases
- uploading content onto our websites and laying out copy in InDesign.
Required skills and experience:
- Life science degree (or higher) with an understanding of disease area terminology
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time-management, project-management, and organizational skills.
- Medical communications or publications experience
- Experience of using InDesign
- Experience of online publishing, including use of:
- content management systems
- Google Analytics
- Social media