FHIR Lead Software Engineer
Job ID 2021-3462
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
As a FHIR Lead Engineer, you will play an important leadership role in the success of our development teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you'll be a software leader for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll help guide important efforts on our core platforms, including extending our EHR integration capabilities, providing technical leadership on new strategic initiatives, and crafting strategies for getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
You will collaborate with product, design, technology, and data science colleagues to create new applications and improve existing applications. You will guide a development team in developing product prototypes, and create technical documentation relating to application development. You will review PR’s for your team, assist architects in evaluating application technologies, and make recommendations for best practices based on the situation, team, and product needs. You will mentor and train other team members in areas of software development. You will balance and teach others on the needs of code maintainability, performance, and functionality. You will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop solutions that add value and efficiency across systems with minimal technical debt.
- Collaborate closely with fellow developers, architects, product owners, and other stakeholders in crafting optimal solutions to product goals.
- Support your team in delivering code with a Test First mentality and a heavy focus on quality at the code level.
- Help your team break down product requirements into actionable technical work.
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to inform and guide your development team.
- Support development of cross-functional business processes.
- Work with other Lead Engineers to ensure best-practices, cross-team collaboration, and continuity of process.
- Serve as a guide and mentor to junior developers as they grow in their skills and experience.
- Foster a culture of collaboration with engineering teams in Asia, Latin America, and around the United States.
Experience you will have:
- Leading teams, even if you didn’t have the title
- Expert knowledge of the FHIR standard and development of healthcare related enterprise solutions
- .Net Framework
- .NET Core
- Unit Testing
- RESTful web services
- Messaging & queuing
- Front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
Bonus points for …
- Knowledge of various architectural approaches such as microservices
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer related subject area or related business field and eight (8) or more year’s experience in Information Technology and solution delivery, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar fields is required. Experience working with SAAS based solution delivery organization (preferred).