Program Manager/Education and Grants
Job ID 2021-2842
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Review Education Group is a leading provider of continuing education for optometrists and ophthalmologists. Supporting both the live events and editorial assets of the Review Group optometric and ophthalmic education portfolio, this position will be responsible for overseeing the development, documentation, implementation, and financial aspects of COPE accredited continuing education activities for optometrists. This role will lead and manage both non-commercially supported and grant funding processes for the development of optometric education activities. In addition, this functional role collaborates with multidisciplinary teams across the organization to manage faculty selection, agenda, and program management. The applicant should be a highly organized, detail-oriented, independent individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment. The applicant should also have superior problem-solving, critical-thinking, and conflict resolution skills and be adept in internalizing and distilling challenges and providing real-time guidance to team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate/manage proposal development, solicitation, formal contracting, and activity reconciliations associated with independent educational grant based commercial support
- Responsible for select grant submissions designed to support optometric CE conferences and enduring materials to include ensuring all materials are complete and adhere to COPE guidelines and are submitted according to the individual potential supporter’s requirements
- Prepare grants for submission within the appropriate timelines using required templates and submit to appropriate commercial supporters; submit change of scope requests as necessary
- Recruit/confirm faculty and obtain all necessary documents from faculty (e.g. financial disclosure forms, presentation slides, etc.)
- Correspond with faculty and internal stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of all activities
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures for adherence to the defined standards of governing regulatory bodies
- Maintain records/data and facilitate reports on accreditation activities in accordance with established practices
- Coordinate the design and production of brochures and all course materials
- When applicable, attend live programs as needed
- Ensure successful completion and closure of educational activities, to include accreditation documentation and outcomes reports
- Remain current on COPE/ACCME Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, as well other applicable compliance related regulations (ACCME, FDA, etc.)
- Manage projects to meet established timelines, outlining clear expectations and deadlines for all stakeholders to ensure successful project completion
- Serve as a collaborative partner to consistently provide value and expertise from project inception to execution and minimize exposure and risk to successful, on-time delivery of all projects
- Proficiency in navigating a matrix organization, while collaborating with multidisciplinary project teams to meet educational program expectations and ensuring activities remain on target and within agreed-upon parameters.
Who You Are:
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Enjoys leveraging technology to make the job easier
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive team dynamics
- A person who derives satisfaction from the on-time, on-budget, within scope, delivery of projects, from initiation through completion
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to help team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of CME/CE accreditation requirements, such as ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, or COPE guidelines and FDA regulations
- Possess a background in the healthcare field
- CHCP credential is strongly preferred but not required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining responsibility for all aspects of medical meeting project management, including client services and interacting with faculty, funding organizations, and professional groups
- Capable of administering multiple tasks concurrently and staying on top of project deadlines and deliverables
- Able to work with tight deadlines and multi-task many projects at different stages of development through completion in an organized manner
- Experience with funding organizations and professional groups
- Highly professional, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills with an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Ability to engage in flexible business hours to meet clients’ business needs, when needed. Domestic travel may be required to attend educational events.