Technical Product Manager
Job ID 2019-1096
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape Education - the leading provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) for both US and Global healthcare professionals - is looking for a Technical Product Manager to take ownership of business goals and requirements and to lead the execution of multiple product initiatives - from requirements gathering to product development and launch. This role will interact with many cross-functional teams within Medscape; including but not limited to, Product, Engineering, Audience Engagement, UX, and Data Science. This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to have full oversight of the product development and delivery process and gain experience working on platforms that have a direct impact on revenue and the customer experience.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, well rounded technical knowledge, and is capable of taking high-level business needs and turning them into engineering requirements. Additionally, they should have a track record of successfully launching products that have required the coordination of multiple teams and technical components.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the engineering team and business stakeholders to create and refine users stories that satisfy the business request and maintain a positive impact on the user.
- Organize and run weekly grooming and sprint planning to ensure your team has a healthy backlog of prioritized work
- Lead daily standups with your engineering team while providing updates and showcasing demos to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Work with cross-functional teams to define and prioritize dependencies and requirements for shared services and cross-platform work
- Own the roadmap for your product area, refining feature ideas and maintaining existing features to drive business goals
- Make informed decisions that keep the product development moving forward while providing transparency and potential impacts to colleagues and leadership
- Perform product and technical analysis and be comfortable presenting insights and recommendations
- Bachelor's’ degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 3 + years’ experience in digital product management and development including gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams inclusive of business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Strong communicator, with confident ability to communicate across internal teams
- A master at gathering business requirements and turning them into clear user stories for the engineering team to take into their workstream
- Have a good set of soft skills where your comfortable coordinating and negotiating technical vs business tradeoffs to various groups and stakeholders
- Experience working closely with a team of engineers and possessing a strong understanding of core web technologies including front-end and back-end languages and platforms
- Familiar with Agile methodology and the tools (Jira, Confluence, etc,) that go with it
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to be flexible with evolving business requirements and possible impacts they could have