Associate Content Strategist
Job ID 2022-3673
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Associate Content Strategist
The right candidate for this job will support the content planning process by conducting content research, contributing content ideas for consumer- and professional-facing projects, and ensuring that content supports the needs of our readership and our business.
The ideal candidate is a sharp, focused, detail-oriented and curious individual with strong communication and collaboration skills. This person will:
- Lead project-based content research and strategy.
- Support content planning process through ideation, brainstorming, and pitching of new content.
- Provide content and audience insights that support business strategies and readership needs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with SEO, newsletters, social, content marketing, and others on stories that support audience growth and engagement.
- Provide guidance across our and other departments on best practices for researching, pitching, and planning new content.
- Review published content and suggest improvements and updates when needed to better fulfill user intent and/or business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, or equivalent years of related experience.
- 3+ years experience in ideating and creating content for websites, social, and other digital media.
- 2+ years experience in analyzing metrics and data using SEO analytics programs to understand and better engage online visitors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Google Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member.
- Ability to lead projects and present to peers as well as department heads.
- Organization skills to manage multiple concurrent deadline-driven projects.
- Ability to develop detailed user journey maps and content gap analyses.
- Strong content pitching and editorial driver copywriting skills.
- Knowledge of and passion for health and wellness topics.
- Comfortable leading strategy and brainstorming meetings. Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills.
- Project/task management system experience (e.g. WorkFront, Jira).
- Masters degree in Communications, Marketing or similar, MBA preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member