Well-being Program Coordinator (Flint, Michigan)
Job ID 2021-2582
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will be located at the client site in Flint, Michigan.
The Dedicated Well-being Program Coordinator (DWPC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants as well as raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, the DWPC may be responsible for or part of face-to-face coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants per week. The caseload and triage criteria will be decided with the designated client. Similarly, the candidate may plan/conduct an indicated number of onsite learning sessions per year and focus part of his/her time on program management. This schedule will also be planned, with the appropriate goals set, within the implementation stage of onboard. The DWPC will work with and be a resource for the individual employer units in their health promotion activities.
The DWCPC is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
DWPC’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they work with other Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
The successful candidate will have a background in a health promotion, exercise physiology, and/or nutrition.
In this role you will:
- Perform face-to-face at-risk health education based on participants' completed health risk appraisal; one-on-one, video, active, & group coaching
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Provide assessment of at-risk areas and provide referral to appropriate resources
- Understand and deliver client-centered coaching through a combination of reflective listening and identification of readiness to change
- Assist participants' progress through the stages of change for at-risk behavior
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing techniques to elicit behavior change and reduce participant ambivalence
- Improve the health lifestyle behaviors and overall health of participants.
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health education sessions
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports which incorporate the health education calls made to clients' participants
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from the client and WebMD account team
- Coordination of meetings and other communications (internal and external)
- Coordination and delivery of onsite events
- Coordinate and maintain Site Champion Network
- Maintain Site Champion Engagement Hub
- Works with the Engagement Advisor to coordinate the customization of WebMD’s standard communication vehicles, and when necessary, the development of original materials
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of client health education programs
- Ongoing program performance review and strategy support
- Support WebMD Health Services product and service line expansion
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD (e.g. conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness centers, etc.)
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar client-facing experience required
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong relationship building skills are required
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- BS/BA Preferred, MS/MPH differentiator
- Registered Dietician (RD) / Nutritionist Preferred.
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred but not required.
- 3+ years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.