Assistant Managing Editor
Job ID 2020-2285
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Associate Managing Editor will coordinate content development and publication calendar for Journey360 initiatives for specified diseases and conditions for US and OUS physician audiences.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research across a range of specialties to assist in subject development
- Help plan and coordinate content calendar across formats and subjects
- Assist with logistics such as freelance coordination and recruitment as needed
- Facilitate communication for features shared across affiliates
- Coordinate with product team as needed for new site feature requirements
- Coordinate with member marketing regarding publishing cadence and content availability
- Explore new condition opportunities with relevant teams
Required Work Experience
- 4-year college degree in writing, English, journalism, or equivalent years of experience
- 3- 5 years’ experience in medical publishing (text and video content) aimed at physician audiences
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Writing samples will be requested