Sr Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts (Global/Latin America)
Job ID 2021-3447
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is the world's most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Professional Health Network includes Medscape, eMedicine, theheart.org, and Medscape Education. WebMD's professional portals are highly regarded and very well known; Medscape.com is the largest physician portal in the world.
WebMD Global is the division of WebMD responsible for all territories outside the USA, and features the stellar brand, the Medscape Professional Network. This role is specific to the Medscape Professional Network division of WebMD Global.
The Medscape Professional Network is growing through acquisitions, and currently features Medscape, Univadis, Coliquio, MediQuality, QxMD, and MGP, with a combined promotional reach of over 5 million active physician members worldwide.
WebMD Global, the fastest growing division of WebMD, seeks an experienced, driven sales professional as Senior Sales Manager of Strategic Accounts. The Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for selling the Medscape Professional Network’s unique call suite of digital promotional solutions to all levels of HCP-marketing professionals within Global and LATAM US based teams in the Life Sciences industry. The Medscape Professional Network’s promotional solutions support the promotion of both Pharma and Medical Device brands, targeting Healthcare Professionals on the Medscape Professional Network. The position requires strong relationship-building skills and knowledge of interactive media buying and selling within healthcare. The Senior Sales Manager will have principal responsibility for acquiring, managing and expanding new client accounts throughout their assigned territory and in related client subsidiaries worldwide. The Senior Sales Manager will also manage, maintain and grow existing accounts. The successful candidate will be a natural and supportive client partner, develop and maintain excellent relationships, and will have the drive of a real hunter in securing new relationships and business with clients. The role is backed by some of the industry's most impressive support services in sales, client services, marketing, and operations.
Frequent travel is required to client meetings and medical conferences, mainly in the USA but also to the LATAM and elsewhere. A highly competitive compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience and demonstrable results from selling to and working with the big LATAM and Global pharmaceutical companies (medical device, or biotech industries experience will also be considered).
- Track record of successful sales to senior brand managers in pharmaceutical companies and to tier one advertising agencies.
- Fluency with the world of digital media, advertising, and educational activity within big pharma.
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- Ability to sell at a strategic level, developing deep and sustained client relationships based upon value.
- A passion for digital and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure sales environment.
- Demonstrates drive, being a self-starting, independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- Fluency in English and other languages such as Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
Basic Salary: A highly competitive salary depending on experience
Bonus: On target commission has potential to double annual income, and over target sales are rewarded generously with no upper limit.
Other benefits: Pension, Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance.