Advertising Ops Associate
Job ID 2021-2733
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking an Ad Operations Associate to join an experienced and established team responsible for managing a large and innovative portfolio of business for a premier, trusted brand. This individual will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to initiatives that utilize all ad formats, such as desktop/mobile/app, contextual and audience driven, and proprietary/native.
- Work with sales, sales operations, inventory management and account managers to implement ad campaigns on WebMD websites, mobile apps, tablet apps, and video.
- Monitor campaigns throughout their lifecycle, following up with clients and vendors on issues as needed.
- Optimize campaigns, including reviewing delivery reports and making suggestions for improved performance.
- Utilize reports to troubleshoot technical and delivery issues impacting campaigns and work with production managers on fixes and leveraging high traffic assets.
- Provide reporting information to sales, account management, marketing programs and clients as needed.
- Revise delivery prioritization schema based on relative needs for products and clients.
- Recommend changes to improve operational processes and safeguard advertising, privacy, credibility, and integrity policies.
- Excellent Communication Skills: being a primary contact for sales, need to be able work well with others in a support role. With clients, this includes projecting a professional and helpful demeanor. Must convey an issue clearly, especially when it comes to describing a problem.
- Troubleshooting Skills: need to be able to analyze the components of an ad serving problem and get to its root cause, as well as providing necessary suggestions for resolution.
- Ability to Multi-task: specifically, need to know how to shift priorities on an on-going basis per need, while maintaining focus on client and customer needs.
- Initiative: whether in recommending steps for campaign optimization, notifying a rep or client of a campaign issue or making suggestions to streamline ad operations, taking initiative to get resolutions and make improvements will help make the sales process as efficient and productive as possible.
- 2 years of digital advertising/media operations experience required.
- Must have experience working with DFP ad server.
Technical: extensive experience with GAM/DFP and Ad Book, proficiency with Excel, good understanding of HTML, ad tag structure, rich media types (i.e. Sizmek, Flashtalking, Rising Stars), and an order management system such as SalesForce are all required. Experience with any of the following is a plus: Mobile (app and nonapp), Omniture SiteCat.