Sr Database Administrator - MongoDB or PostgreSQL
Job ID 2018-13732
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD is looking for a Senior Database Administrator. This position will be part of WebMD’s talented Database Operations team. The Database Operations team is responsible for the overall health of WebMD’s databases including backup/recovery, deployments, performance tuning and installations.
What will you be doing:
- Working with various database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Vertica)
- Participating in all stages of database related work, like deployments, provisioning hosts, backup/recovery, patching and upgrades
- Automating DB task through tools and scripting
- Developing high-availability solutions for 24/7 applications
- Participating in database operation’s on-call rotation
- Working with developers and product managers to deliver innovative products and services in the health care industry
- Having fun working with a highly technical and friendly team
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
- 4+ years of experience as a database administrator using at least one of the following database technologies - MongoDB, PostgreSQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Technology, or a total of at least 9 years’ experience in IT.
- Strong database skills in area of troubleshooting, tuning and designing
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Solid understanding of backup and recovery strategies
- Hands on experience with high availability technologies for database platforms
- Ability to learn and adapt to new database technologies from different vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be a team player, detail oriented and customer service driven
Nice to have skills:
- Automation and scripting experience using Chef and Ruby
- Solid programming experience using Python
- Experience with various monitoring tools (Circonus, Solarwinds, or Splunk etc.)
- Experience with managing more than one database technology is a big plus