Job ID 2022-3988
WebMD, an Internet Brands company, is seeking a talented, business minded Solicitor with 3-5 years of corporate and commercial experience. The position is a generalist role with exposure to multiple practice areas and will provide the Solicitor with the opportunity to work with newly acquired companies in a dynamic growth environment. The successful candidate will have general corporate legal experience, specializing in commercial contracts, corporate and in-house governance and compliance, including legal issues relating to the technology sector and data protection/privacy. The Solicitor must be confident and business-minded with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services in the US, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
In partnership with business line leaders, other corporate functions and legal team members:
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including customer agreements, professional services contracts, content development and license agreements, advertising technology contracts, data agreements and software and technology license agreements.
- Assist with legal due diligence in connection with various domestic and international M&A activities and provide legal support for matters related to post-M&A integrations.
- Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks relevant to WebMD's business, including online advertising. Provide legal counsel and guidance on a broad range of litigation, compliance, privacy and regulatory matters, including data protection/privacy matters.
- Support the ongoing improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- PQE 3 – 5 years in a major law firm or equivalent in-house position.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of UK and EEA privacy and data protection laws specifically e.g. GDPR, PECR, plus (beneficial) U.S. and other international privacy and data protection laws and regulations e.g. HIPAA, CCPA.
- Fluent English required, fluent French and/or German (or another language) desired.
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry desirable, especially for the English, French and German markets.
- Ability to think strategically and provide business-practical legal advice and solutions.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a high volume work environment. Ability to work independently.