Sr Communications Strategist
Job ID 2022-4193
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Lead Communication Strategist is a full-time position that serves as a key operational partner to our diverse group of clients and client representatives to support the development and execution of wellness communication efforts. This role focuses on planning, coordinating, and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a professional environment. The Lead Communication Strategist works with a Communications team (including other Communication Strategists, writers, graphic designers, programmers, and a project manager), the WebMD Client Delivery and Strategic account teams, and works directly with clients, to successfully coordinate execution and delivery of planned work by deadlines and within budgeted hours.
This key role will work with the clients and the Communications Team to:
- Lead the overall strategy, planning and execution of wellness communication programs for select clients and cross-client projects.
- Coordinate the development of campaigns that use multiple mediums based on client’s unique needs and employee/member populations.
- Serve as the principal communication channel between the client and WebMD for day-to-day project management tasks related to a communication campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with production manager, creative team, client team and client to implement campaign tactics.
- Ensure regular updates of documentation and reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report out metrics, including campaign results/hours spent vs. budgeted.
- Work within the messaging system to implement digital tactics (primarily email).
- Contribute to Communications Team process improvement and support.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables and high levels of client satisfaction throughout the relationship.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) and mentor to those team members that are less experienced; providing guidance, support and feedback as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in advertising, marketing, or health communications field (corporate or agency).
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage multiple relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to use internal work tracking tools for reviewing, prioritizing, and completing work requests with high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, including interfacing with remote resources.
- Professional presence to interact with senior-level customer contacts over the phone and in person.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience working with Project Management software preferred.
- Experience working with National Accounts Preferred
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.