Sr Marketing Manager - Audience Engagement
Job ID 2021-2836
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Senior Marketing Manager, Audience Engagement, for our New York Live business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals, live events, and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Senior Marketing Manager is an integral member of the Medscape Live Business Unit Audience Engagement team and is primarily responsible for the fulfillment of activity performance and quarterly registration/engagement goals. Specifically, this position will be responsible for orchestrating, optimizing and overseeing marketing strategies to achieve contractual goals for Live medical programs.
The Senior Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Audience Engagement. The ideal candidate will bring strong project management, data management, analytical, communication, leadership, and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
- Partner with Director of Audience Engagement to build multi-channel marketing strategies to drive traffic, engagement and participation to medical education live events for healthcare professionals
- Implement and monitor marketing campaigns to meet organization’s attendee, registration, and revenue goals
- Adopt and utilize Exact Target marketing automation tool to manage and optimize campaign performance
- Collaborate with the product management team to project and track program performance as it relates to registration and driver traffic.
- Partner with Data Analytics to analyze user site behavior for persona development, to inform marketing communications and to drive actionable insights and segmentation
- Work closely with teams to coordinate and execute tactics within marketing plans for sold activities. More specifically:
- Coordinate with the Project Management team to develop timelines for marketing plans
- Deploy email and e-newsletter tactics
- Work with social media specialist(s) to publish social media posts
- Work with Data Analytics to track program performance – to optimize list targeting/segmentation to improve response rates and overall yield
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis to inform and support business decisions by:
- Analyzing response rate trends to inform deployment of outbound e-mail and onsite tactics
- Conducting platform(Exact Target/Aventri/Virtual Platform) tracking analysis of web pages and specific activities to provide insight of user engagement behavior
- Creating and disseminating summary reports (eg, email and onsite channel performance reviews) to update stakeholders
- Interface with Sales and internal teams to address specific program performance issues
- Share channel performance data with internal teams, identify new market trends and strategies to improve on email/social media engagement
- 6+ years digital marketing experience, preferably in multi-channel marketing
- Exceptional marketing strategy and campaign management skills
- Experience with web analytics (such as Adobe Omniture)
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of self-direction and ability to lead and own projects
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communications skills
- Proven success in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical, and project management skills
- Strong ability to represent and communicate data-driven analysis to various departments
- Advanced MS Excel, Powerpoint skills
- Education: BA/BS in marketing is preferred
- Knowledge of HTML & SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of the online media landscape is highly desirable (and as it relates to the Healthcare industry and direct-to-physician marketing is a plus)