Intern - Audience Engagement
Job ID 2020-1962
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Audience Engagement
Summer Internship - 6/1 - 8/14
Key responsibilities include:
Social Media Marketing Function:
- Support social media efforts on Medscape Education’s social media accounts – primarily focusing on messaging for all relevant social platforms
- Manipulate images to be used in promotional message on social and email
- Maintain calendar for social posts
- Establish best practices for social media postings across all relevant platforms
- Standardize social media reports
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Marketing, Communications, English, Advertising, Digital Marketing majors or related course concentrations/experience
- Strong writing skills, must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills, must be able to understand, represent and communicate data-driven analysis
- Significant experience with social media platforms and tools, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Trello, Symplur and others
- Strong Photoshop skills – ability to edit and manipulate images
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to established timelines
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Team player
- Basic knowledge of MS software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to our office. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.