Marketing Manager, Email/Program Management
Job ID 2021-2844
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Traffic Manager will be responsible for managing the cross-functional, cross brand content calendar and working closely with Editorial, Product, Continuing Medical Education and Promotion/Media Delivery teams to implement email business rules and maximize revenue and engagement opportunities across the content calendar.
We are looking for someone who is creative, analytical and a good project manager.
- Optimize content calendar for engagement and monetization
- Manage the day-to-day US email calendar working closely with Editorial, Member Marketing and Email Marketing stakeholders. Includes leading weekly and monthly traffic meetings.
- Work closely with Sales to build engagement for Exclusive Editorial Destinations and help monetize content for media delivery needs.
- Work closely with CME team to identify opportunities for promotion.
- Help build and implement audience governance rules.
- Build and track marketing campaigns to evaluate effectiveness and enable continued improvement. Test and measure approach.
- Demonstrate ability to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (managing campaign execution, creating and optimizing campaigns, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
- Collaborate with designers to develop creative, innovative, compelling marketing campaigns
- Report on campaigns and overall impact with key audience segments. Perform regular status updates to communicate results to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Support other marketing efforts as needed.
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience in online or digital marketing
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of successful marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and market research. Fluency in Microsoft Excel is required. Fluency in Site Catalyst is a plus.
- Strong time and project management skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Tenacity and sense of urgency; the ability to make things happen quickly with large, less nimble partners and/or teams.
- Superior writing and presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Knowledge and passion for the healthcare space.
- Experience working with medical professionals including physicians, nurses, medical students, is a plus.
- Ambitious, curious and enthusiastic attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time. (when travel comes back)