Senior Client Success Manager
Job ID 2021-3347
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Sr. Client Success Manager is the long term, day-to-day, operational lead for our clients after initial launch. The number one goal of the Sr. Client Success Manager is to ensure that our clients’ programs are operating smoothly and tracking to their defined program strategies. This is achieved by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with clients that ultimately produce high levels of client satisfaction. It also requires the development of strong relationships with internal team members and stakeholders, built on a mutual respect for ensuring that the client’s program is successful.
The Sr. Client Success Manager serves as the principal communication channel between the client and WHS for day-to-day operational activities. This includes supporting defined account strategies, minimizing service issues through active listening and effective negotiation, responding to client inquiries and requests, guiding client decisions by drawing on experience and best practices, and ensuring that clients are deriving value from our solutions and services. The Sr. Client Success Manager also helps ensure that the overall Client Success Team works together to fulfill their client commitments and maintain adequate service level agreements relative to timelines, quality standards, and budget.
Sr. Client Success Managers maintain an increased depth of knowledge and understanding of WHS products and services, as well as health and wellness administration. They are able to view a program from end-to-end and recognize the impacts of strategic changes and decisions to the operational flow of the program. A proactive and consultative approach is a key to this role – Sr. Client Success Managers anticipate client needs and provide information in a language the client will understand. The person in this role must remain open-minded and entertain client requests where it makes sense or guide them to a more productive path to meet the goals of their request. Additionally, they are able to identify process issues and contribute to improvement initiatives.
In this role you will:
- Schedule and participate in client and internal meetings as appropriate, develop agendas and lead meetings, maintain tracking logs of open items, and document meeting notes.
- Partner with and help guide internal teams so that all moving parts are coordinated and operating according to client objectives and expectations.
- Actively maintain WHS internal systems and tracking tools that capture information on timesheets, client status, project forecasts, work requests, team assignments, service level agreements, etc.
- Create Work Orders and work with Strategic Account Executive on appropriate pricing and client signatures.
- Ensure high quality of deliverables and high levels of client satisfaction throughout the relationship.
- Provide ongoing status on accounts to the Client Delivery Manager and Delivery Team.
- Coordinate activities with client third-party vendors in support of client programs and integration of WHS solutions.
- Document client history and maintain client documentation.
- Analyze & interpret reports and supporting information to assist Sales in providing program intelligence and tracking against program goals (SLAs, engagement metrics, results of programs implemented, etc.).
- Work with internal stakeholders to resolve client technical issues and change requests; track and manage progress to resolution.
- Build and maintain core knowledge of WebMD products and services, and associated platforms/systems.
- Share operational best practices and tactical intelligence with clients and Strategic Account Executives.
- Partner with the Strategic Account Executive to educate clients about new products and services, and about core release items that may affect client or that may be a good fit for client.
- Understand client business needs and be able to translate those needs to internal teams.
- Provides mentorship to Client Success Managers.
- Contribute to internal WHS initiatives to help drive efficiencies and process improvements.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- 3-7 years’ work experience in Account Management, Consulting, or Implementation with client-facing responsibilities
- Software Technology Services experience OR Healthcare Industry
- Experience working in enterprise organizations with multiple offices/locations
- Experience working in fast-growth, startup/entrepreneurial environments
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong relationship building skills are required
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- MS/MPH differentiator
- Familiarity with wellness, disease management and health and benefits administration
- Prior accountability in 2 or more of the following areas: P&L, best practices, implementation, project management, consulting or business development in the healthcare environment
- Proven experience and background in people management, strategic planning, risk management, and change management
- Program Management and/or program strategy experience
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.