Full Stack Developer
Job ID 2018-1086
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Coding, testing, defect management, and production support (in collaboration with Operations team)
- Develop detailed work breakdown structure for analysis design, development & deployment activities
- OO design and programming and application development with J2EE technologies (JSP, Servlets, JDBC, Taglibs) and Design Patterns
- Delivery of web-based applications and dealing with the challenges of compatibility, scalability, and performance
- Develop applications using Application Container – (Tomcat)
- Work with APIs to access other systems, e.g., Documentum Content Management System, Endeca Search etc.
- Working with a code repository – (Git/Stash)
- Trouble-shoot and lead root-cause analysis
- Work with Oracle Databases – (Knowledge of Database programming using PL/SQL or T-SQL highly desired)
- 3+years of disciplined application design and development experience in the Internet or software industry with increasing responsibility and success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or an additional 4 years’ experience in software development.
- Demonstrated strong development skills in Java SE
- Experience with designing & developing web-based applications for moderate to high traffic sites – experience at an Internet company highly desirable
- Prior Design and Development experience using Service Oriented Architectures
- Hands-on experience using Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX, JQuery and data exchange with XML and JSON formats.
- Experience in Linux commands related to applications integration testing is must
- Experience with application packaging and deployment tools – e.g. Maven.
- Prior responsibilities that required communication and coordination across different groups: e.g., Engineering, QA, Operations and Project Management. History of increasing responsibilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with search engines desirable – preferably Lucene/SOLR
- Familiarity with SEO concepts is desirable
- Familiarity with Rich Client internet applications desirable – AJAX etc.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.