Senior Content Planning Editor
Job ID 2020-1876
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Senior Content Planning Editor researches and writes pitches for editorial destinations across WebMD.com and its distribution platforms. This role provides both editorial concepts and operational oversight to content planning systems that move the business forward. This includes a range of editorial activities from high-level concepting to documentation. Must possess strong editing and teamwork skills to ensure the collaboration of business stakeholders yields engaging content ideas that achieve measurable results. Must be highly organized and experienced in using technology-based solutions to store and retrieve ideas efficiently.
- Outline health-related content ideas and microsite topics in response to business initiatives.
- Collaborate with marketing, editorial, and audience engagement teams to determine appropriate topics and content formats for reaching targeted audiences.
- Coordinating input and feedback from various stakeholders and crafting content briefs to suit business needs, editorial standards, and user engagement.
- Manage workflow of multiple projects, prioritizing work as necessary.
- Supporting and maintaining systems that capture concept ideas, including responsibility for system data integrity and periodic auditing.
- Deliver quality work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Understanding WebMD business model and proposing optimal content solutions that adhere to company and industry best practices.
The Senior Content Planning Editor should possess both creative and analytical skills to develop innovative content ideas and present them in an efficient, systemized way that supports a variety of business needs. Successful candidates possess a strong editorial background with the desire to build working relationships, drive efficiency, and support operational improvements relevant to content development. Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple projects on a wide range of health related topics are a must.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including experience with writing headlines, teaser copy, and content outlines.
- Web savvy with keen interest in usability and online content trends.
- Collaborative with a proven ability to work well with others both to complete projects and build working relationships.
- Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills.
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative to seek and present new ideas.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Medical/health knowledge helpful but not required.
Minimal to none
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Project management software, experience in Workfront preferred
- Document management system, experience in Microsoft Sharepoint preferred
- Content management system, experience in Documentum preferred
- Familiarity with SEO Best Practices and Web Analytics, experience in Omniture preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing Communications or related field.
- 8+ years professional experience in writing for the web, health industry preferred