Senior Data Analyst
Job ID 2022-4260
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services is looking for a senior analyst to join our Research and Analytics team. As senior analyst at WebMD Health Services, you will work with our Research and Analytics group to conduct research and evaluation to show the value and efficacy of our solutions while advancing our thought leadership footprint. The ideal candidate would combine their analytical acumen with relational databases and impeccable attention to detail to deliver key insights to support our business. You should be a self-motivated person who gets energized by interesting data challenges that, at the end of the day, matter. The senior analyst is responsible for executing program evaluation, hypothesis testing research and formative evaluation research. Primary responsibilities include project management, data management, quality assurance, data analysis and interpretation, literature reviews, and ad hoc analytics in an applied business setting.
The Senior Analyst will be responsible for providing analysis, research support and consulting services for WebMD and our clients. General responsibilities include analyzing the effectiveness of WebMD's products and service offerings, profiling the behavior of WebMD's consumers, providing key metrics and benchmarks, and developing recommendations for improving WebMD's products. This position will work closely with team members responsible for data warehouse and report development to ensure appropriate capture and dissemination of key metrics. The successful candidate for this position will have experience analyzing large datasets, including health information, medical and pharmacy claims, platform utilization and qualitative data for evidence of performance and impact.
Candidates should be able to prioritize and meet demanding competing deadlines, should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and should have experience in presenting the findings of an analysis effectively to non-technical business professionals. The position includes significant contributions to the company’s reputation as an industry thought leader, which includes the expectation that study findings be published and presented at industry conferences.
Our ideal candidate can work effectively on unsupervised, self-directed projects as well as a member of a cross functional collaborative team. Desired characteristics including being dependable, hardworking, a critical thinker, diligent, detailed oriented, internally motivated, a creative problem solver and inherently curious.
- Execute product evaluation and research study activities, particularly data management and quality assurance, along with data analysis and interpretation, literature review, and projects on-demand.
- Conduct quantitative research including but not limited to designing surveys, developing analysis plans, and analyzing results.
- Disseminate results through business presentations, written reports, white papers, and conference presentations
- Present findings in written and oral format to stakeholders, including company executives and external clients
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and work with Research and Analytics staff to manage and maintain databases and data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets using advanced statistical procedures
- Filter and “clean” data to locate and correct code problems
- Provide research support or consultation to internal groups and/or departments
- Work cross-functionally with business stakeholders to provide data-driven recommendations and solutions to clients
- Provide recommendations on department policies, objectives, and initiatives
- Evaluate and suggest changes as necessary to optimize processes and efficiencies
- Participate in special projects as needed or requested
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field, Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or other relevant field with coursework in research methods and statistics required; Master’s degree preferred
- Two to four years of experience in health-related field required, background in wellness and prevention desired
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, solve and interpret complex problems and identify and apply appropriate analytic approaches to solve broad business challenges
- Proficiency in presenting complex analytic methodology, results, and recommendations to diverse senior-level audiences through visual, verbal and written deliverables
- Understanding of and experience with analyzing healthcare claims data desired
- Proficiency with statistical programming, including R (preferred) and/or SPSS
- Proficiency with SQL (experience with Teradata and/or SQL Server preferred)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in working with relational databases
- Proficiency in Tableau Business Intelligence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required (writing samples required with application)
- Strong time management and project management skills essential. Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks and remain focused with multiple interruptions.
- Highly organized and able to multitask in a rapid turnaround environment
- Strong collaborative, mentoring and interpersonal skills
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.