Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
Job ID 2019-1095
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is looking for a motivated site reliability engineer who shares our passion for technology and innovation. The candidate must possess a deeply-rooted passion for customer service and transparency - in this role, all of your technical colleagues in development, QA, and operations are YOUR customers! The tools you will be deploying and supporting are the required building blocks for your colleagues to be successful.
What You Will Be Doing
- administering/supporting/configuring our monitoring, deployment, and automation tools, including participation in an on-call rotation
- automate, automate, automate! (via Chef recipes, and maybe a some bash and Powershell as required)
- work with both homegrown applications and commercial products (such as uDeploy and Documentum)
- writing and debugging Chef cookbooks, and helping your colleagues "automate all the things!"
- working primarily on Linux and Windows platforms
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or 4 years' Technical Operations experience
- 5+ years experience in the Technology Operations / DevOps field
- 5+ years experience supporting large-scale websites or operations tools in a Linux and Windows environment
- 2+ years experience with a configuration management tools, such as Chef or Puppet
- Extensive experience writing scripts to automate tasks and interact with other systems/APIs (python or ruby, preferred)
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications)
- experience working in environments with containerized applications
- experience using monitoring tools, such as Circonus, Prometheus or Nagios
- experience using orchestration / remote execution tools, such as Saltstack and Rundeck