Technical Support Engineer
Job ID 2020-1945
QxMD is a rapidly growing medical education platform that reaches over 3 million healthcare providers each year; we are a division of Medscape, a leading global provider of on-line medical content, tools, mobile applications and medical education. Our community of physicians and other healthcare providers rely on QxMD to discover relevant medical research, make better clinical decisions or learn about medical topics relevant to their practice. Our platform provides our customers with high value solutions that drive rare disease awareness, provide digital/mobile medical education and support clinicians via mobile-optimized clinical decision support.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Read Institutional Edition is a subscription-based service that helps libraries keep their communities at the forefront of medical discovery. The service is based around Read by QxMD which is a free app that helps clinicians discover and access research that is most relevant to them. Libraries can connect their journal holdings to Read in order to improve the experience for their patrons and gain access to tools to support them better. We are looking for a talented technical support engineer to lead the ongoing development of this service.
The ideal candidate is someone who is looking for a position in a company that is making a measurable, positive impact in the world. You are someone who wants to make a difference, and you want to derive meaning from your work. At QxMD we are focused on improving knowledge translation in medicine, to help ensure healthcare professionals have the information they need to treat patients with the highest quality of care.
We encourage candidates to check-out our apps by searching for QxMD on the Apple and Google app stores!
In 2019, QxMD was acquired by WebMD/Medscape so we are now a partner to one of the largest names in medical news and education.
- Design, build and maintain features on QxMD’s Read Institutional Edition product.
- Work with support staff and other engineers to provide responsive technical support to clients.
- Onboard new institutions onto the platform using a combination of scripted tools and admin dashboards.
- Debug production issues across services and at multiple levels of the tech stack.
- Proficient at backend development with at least some of that experience in Python.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to explain technical problems to non-technical users is very important in this role.
- Experience with a relational database (eg. MySQL, Postgres).
- Can find your way around a Linux bash console (SSH, FTP, Vim etc.).
- Hold yourself to a high bar when working with production systems.
- The ability to deal with ambiguous requirements and conflicting priorities.
- Strong desire to roll up your sleeves, problem solve, get stuff done, and try new things.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Experience debugging production systems using monitoring tools like Datadog.
- You like dogs - we often have one in the office.
What it’s like to work at QxMD
At QxMD we believe that creative and motivated individuals do not need to be micromanaged. Our engineers have a high degree of autonomy in their jobs. We are also collaborative and seek help from each other when needed.
We take great pride in maintaining a healthy work environment. We’ll empower you to take control of your projects, work with you to define reasonable schedules for your work, and make sure to give you time to take advantage of the beautiful Vancouver outdoors.
Our team is passionate about building reliable, scalable systems while maintaining the ability to move fast. From day one you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to development decisions affecting nearly 2 millions QxMD users worldwide. If you are interested in building software at the cutting edge of medical knowledge translation, and are passionate about improving the quality of healthcare for patients all over the world, we want to hear from you!
We will provide
- All the equipment required to do your job (including a high-spec laptop)
- A flexible approach to taking leave and the opportunity to work from home and remotely on occasion
- An office at Cambie & 6th - right by the Olympic Village skytrain station and close to lots of great lunch spots