Principal Digital Designer
Job ID 2018-13648
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD is seeking a Principal Digital Designer to create cutting-edge, ultra-usable designs for the products that bring healthcare information to our millions of passionate users. We need an intensely motivated and solutions-focused individual that can take a project from inception to completion; all while juggling the needs of stakeholders and mentoring a team of visual designers. This person must be a truly extraordinary designer with fresh ideas and a love for problem solving.
Specific Responsibilities: The Principal Digital Designer is responsible for creating stunning web and mobile application designs. This individual will mentor a team of visual designers, providing art direction as the team executes on Sketch and Photoshop assets. She or he will work closely with our UX Architects, department leads, and must have proven success in creating and art directing designs that exceed stakeholder expectations. The right person will collaborate with enthusiasm, positive energy, and consistently high effort, helping the team to adapt to change as needed. We’re looking for someone who demonstrates an understanding of task requirements, objectives, constraints and decision-making authority.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- 7+ years interactive design experience
- 3+ years mentoring designers with an eye towards directing design
- BFA or related degree, or at least 4 additional years of digital design experience
- Portfolio demonstrating beautiful digital designs
- Unquestionable work ethic
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders in all levels of the organization.
- Advanced internal client relationship skills
- Efficient time management, establishes and manages priorities effectively
- Effective organizational skills
- Experience delivering high quality work in a timely manner