Job ID 2020-2518
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Jobson Optical Group products reach the ECPs, retailers and laboratories playing major roles in the global optical market today. From industry news, product launches, fashion trends and clinical information to research, educational programs, custom publishing and e-marketing, Jobson is the leading, single source for today's worldwide ophthalmic community. Brands include 20/20, Vision Monday, Review of Optometry, Review of Optometric Business, Women in Optometry, ECP Business Services, Jobson Research, Jobson Interactive and Frames Data.
Vision Monday is the leading business news and industry coverage platform of our group.
The Web Editor is responsible for the implementation and input of Vision Monday and VMAILnews and features, including editorial/content of electronic newsletters, websites and special content for electronic business, consumer and healthcare products., live events and video.
- Input and implement editorial content daily for the VM Group, occasionally write and copyedit articles, headlines, blurbs, decks, callouts and sidebars for the various electronic Vision Monday publishing platforms including the website, daily and weekly e-newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements, live event coverage, back up for posting to our social media.
- Initiate new web products and communication services
- Hands on management of daily and weekly websites and communications
- Work with editorial staff, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publications or postings
- Represent journal at media and trades show events (live and virtual) as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Minimum of 3+ years in editorial capacity managing electronic products
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Experience with daily news a plus
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, web development issues, Photoshop, Vimeo/other video platforms and direct experience with content management systems required
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details and be internet savvy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), PhotoShop and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Limited travel required