Director of Education and Grants
Job ID 2021-2727
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC ("PHE") provides Power-Pak C.E.® educational programs for the broad spectrum of pharmacist learners. Continuing education for pharmacists constitutes PHE's core mission. The primary goal of all of our continuing education programs is to provide and disseminate topical education to all pharmacists in order to maintain and improve their knowledge and skill.
Utilizing a variety of educational vehicles, PHE produces both live and enduring education that is constantly evaluated and praised for its timeliness and relevance to the pharmacy professionals PHE serves.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Director, Grant Development is responsible for identifying grant opportunities for pharmacist education, as well as managing and directing the submission process.
Grant Proposal Development
- Work with VP Education Programs to identify all grant opportunities through conversations with existing supporters, RFPs, prospecting efforts, meetings at major conferences with supporters, attendance at poster sessions, referrals, unsolicited calls, networking, grants placed on competitive sites and any method that defines the potential of investing in a needs assessment.
- Attend appropriate conferences, such as the Alliance meeting, AMCP Annual and Nexus , AIS, Asembia, APhA, CPNP and ASHP, to attend sessions, meet new supporters and identify new grant opportunities
- Review e-newsletters on a daily basis for updated news on assigned companies which would result in a prospecting opportunity
- Manage, direct and administer grant submission process from beginning to end
- Select appropriate writer(s) for disease conditions for grants
- Ensure pipeline is updated regularly
- Work with writer(s) to help the direction of the needs assessment
- Work with writers to develop the new gap analysis survey to help support the direction and development of the needs assessment
- Coordinate survey deployment; select sample size and appropriate practice setting targets and gather survey results
- Assist in developing the budget for the proposal
- Review completed needs assessments to ensure it meets the expectations that were set in the strategy phase
- If there are unique outcomes requirements for that supporter, work with colleagues (PIM) to determine and to provide the necessary requirements and custom language for the grant submission
- Coordinate completion of proposals; write letters of request; review final proposals for submission
- Prepare a prospect list of grants to submit for symposia at AMCP, APhA, Asembia and ASHP in preparation for following calendar year meetings
- Collaborate in the development of 4th quarter Summit activities (live webcasts )
- Responsible for registration administration in the grant portals
- Participate in face to face sales calls and prospecting
Outcomes Measurements, Completions, Pretest, Posttest, Evaluation Summary
- Discuss and coordinate any unique outcomes requirements for grant submissions with colleagues for language and fees pre-submission
- Provide any input on pre-test, post-test or evaluation questions based on the unique requirements of the grant
- Analyze, coordinate and present all outcomes reports to the supporter at the conclusion of the activity
- Respond to questions from supporters and distribution partners that arise from for the distribution of all monthly metrics reports
- Attend meetings as required at grant supporters to either learn their requirements or present the results through poster sessions
- Provide background information to generate monthly metrics reports for all distribution partners and grant supporters
- Respond to all grantor requests for information
- Respond to all grantor requirements for reconciliation of expired activities
- Work with colleagues to help ensure satisfactory completion of the diverse requirements of each supporter
Coordination of Website Functions
- Monitor all audience and topic targets presented on the home page for all grants to ensure the correct access to activities
Financial Management and Budgeting
- Achieve all sales revenue objectives
- Work with finance on all interim financial updates and reporting requirements for contracted revenue and pipeline reports
- Provide management with budget projections as required
- Work with account receivables and direct contact with the supporter
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in the life sciences, public health, clinical sciences, journalism, technical writing, or English; advanced degree in a medical or science-related specialty is a differentiator
- 5 years’ experience securing and managing CME/CE grants, including work at a medical education/communications company, academic institution/hospital/university center, or medical society; previous grant writing for a medical education or scientific organization is a differentiator
- Demonstrated supervisory experience within Project, Program, personnel or vertical management in line with developing grants
- Familiarity with multiple therapeutic disciplines and/or clinical trials to better align growth opportunities for grants
- Demonstrated experience and ability to identify grant opportunities through conversations with existing supporters, RFPs, through pharma news sites, prospecting efforts, attendance of relevant conferences, referrals, unsolicited calls, networking, grants placed on competitive sites and any method that defines the potential of investing in a needs assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with supporters. Having existing relationships is a differentiator.