Sr Project Manager
Job ID 2021-3005
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will require office presence covid permitting at our 395 Hudson st headquarters in NYC. Please do not apply if you are seeking a fully remote position.
As Sr. Project/Program Manager you will oversee all aspects of complex, multi-disciplinary projects that rely on data and analytics.
Working closely with the Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams, you will be responsible for:
- Managing team roadmaps (quarterly) for project intake, assessment, prioritization, resourcing and commitment, with communication to requestors and stakeholders throughout
- Managing individual projects once committed and scheduled – from project planning through implementation, with awareness of related projects
In this role you are a facilitator, gathering information for decision making, proposing recommendations, and adjusting program direction accordingly for successful delivery. You are a self-starter with attention to detail and can demonstrate the ability to prioritize, resource plan and manage stakeholders.
You relish the opportunity to work with diverse teams under high pressure and tight timelines.
- Manage the Intake process for new work, from initial request through commitment or deferral
- Manage quarterly roadmap planning, prioritization, negotiation and dissemination
- Lead & manage the development lifecycle to include user story/requirements creation, design, development, and QA of the project - these projects may be Agile, Waterfall or a hybrid of both
- Ensure assigned projects are following the defined processes
- Be responsible for managing the progress and milestones for deliverables
- Identify and manages project dependencies and blocker issues
- Help support the teams in estimation steps, making sure that time commitments are achievable
- Handle project related issues or questions and escalate when necessary; also helps to develop issue action plans
- Escalate exposure to risk associated at the task, sprint, and overall product/project level; develop risk mitigation & contingency plans where applicable
- Identify any resource needs or constraints for projects and provide appropriate escalation to management where there are prioritization conflicts
- Communicate changes to management to inform forecasting and capacity planning
- Oversee transition between functional groups to ensure project delivery via automated systems (JIRA/Confluence)
- Ensure that the appropriate level of QA and User Acceptance Testing occurs
- Create project documentation for the assigned projects and ensures that all project documents are stored or linked for full team visibility
- Ensure project team is accurately reporting their time and status throughout the project
- Ensure that the adoption of PM tool sets including SDLC, Scrum and Agile are adhered to, dependent on the specific project needs
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience
- Minimum of 3 years IT project menagement- authoring and managing complex plans in a project management tool (SmartSheet, MS Project, or similar)
- Minimum 3 years agile and scrum experience
- Understanding of web technologies to effectively manage risk & complexities within projects
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects, or a number of project streams under a large program
- Knowledge of system development life cycles (SDLC) and how they relate to project management processes
- Works efficiently with resources in multiple locations
- Demonstrates proactive issue resolution with dependencies on project success related to inter-dependencies on other teams
- Ability to manage and/or influence team members and senior management
- Experience managing data centric projects (Big data, data warehouse, database technologies, analytics and dashboard reporting)
- Experience managing projects involving corporate HR & Finance systems
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience