Technical Implementation Manager
Job ID 2020-2303
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Technical Implementation Manager’s role is to partner with internal stakeholders to successfully execute complex, U.S., journey-based programs from end-to-end. The Technical Implementation Manager understands both Medscape and client challenges, demands, technical requirements and limitations to drive executions that are feasible and attainable in a timely manner. The Technical Implementation Manager will review external client product requirements, develop implementation plans (business process, technical data flow, and quality assurance) and ensure that implementations are completed on time, within scope and meet client expectations.
This person will work closely with Client Project Manager, Business Analyst and Technical Client Liaison as well as development teams and Account/Project Management to coordinate execution plans outlined by business requirements. They will maintain project schedules, proactively identify risks. and communicate out to project stakeholders including members of the Executive Leadership team. The Technical Implementation Manager may be involved in the pre-sales phase to provide expert assistance in scoping projects or developing proposals.
The Technical Implementation Manager is a facilitator and a translator, gathering information for decision making, proposing recommendations, and adjusting program direction accordingly for successful implementation. The Technical Implementation Manager will be able to understand the business rules and requirements in order to translate them in a way that is manageable and launch date focused for the Account and Implementation Management teams. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with attention to detail and can demonstrate the ability to prioritize, resource plan and manage stakeholders.The Technical Implementation Manager is viewed as the technical expert for journey-based programs.
- Reports to Director, Product Operations and works closely with the Product Operations team
- Serve as the main point of contact for journey-based programs for internal technology, operations and client services teams including, campaign integration, web development, email development, data services, account management, and project management
- Responsible for the on-time, error-free, successful launch of client tactics
- Accountable for the revenue associated with on time launch of tactics
- Direct multiple complex journey-based projects involving internal partners and external vendors
- Oversee complex project milestones, development, project schedules, and delivery plans for cross-functional teams
- Support both new and custom journey-based executions from end-to-end
- Partner with technical team leads to maintain journey-based capabilities documentation
- Develop, standardize and maintain process documentation for complex journey-based campaigns and product implementations
- Interface with senior leadership to identify gap areas and recommendations for improvement
- Understand project dependencies and risk mitigation in multi-discipline projects
- Able to communicate difficult and sensitive technical information to several different types of internal stakeholders, including Sales
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application within our environment
- Up to 3+ years managing digital programs and implementations for project development
- Ability to understand and create data flow diagrams as it relates to developing implementation plans
- Ability to develop process to manage complex projects within a highly matrixed organization
- Experience working in an environment where customizations on a standard product need to be scoped, managed and delivered in a way that not only manages client expectations but also looks across multiple client implementations to determine risk and provide a delivery plan across the portfolio
- Ability to liaise to non-technical business professionals and managers in non-technical speak to explain complex technical issues in order to build support and ownership for technology solutions
- Proven track record in delivering successful projects from the requirements phase through the implementation cycle
- Ability to understand technical requirements and process documentation for complex digital programs
- Strong facilitation and writing skills
- Ability to excel in a constantly evolving environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS/IT, or equivalent work experience
- Strong project management experience in a large Internet based environment
- Experience with relevant software preferred, including Microsoft Office applications, Visio and business process modeling (BPM) applications, Workfront, JIRA, Salesforce marketing cloud (SFMC), Sharepoint, and Campaign Management Systems
- Demonstrates an understanding of technology/internet business environment with experience and proven track record of success in creating change within teams to increase project delivery competency