Multimedia Producer, MedscapeLIVE!
Job ID 2020-2258
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The MedscapeLIVE! Producer is a key contributor to the overall success of the live business unit, the Producer manages live and virtual events both domestically and globally.. Producing and managing engaging multimedia to support medical education at medical conferences, webinars and virtual conferences are the essential skills required to create successful MedscapeLIVE! events.
- Develop and lead creative vision for Medical Education video programs
- Produce and direct live virtual conferences on various platforms /simulcast webinars and virtual conferences (Livestream, vMix) demonstrated directing and technical directing skills.
- Ability to meet rapid turnarounds and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills working with leading medical faculty and Medscape leadership
- Work with both internal dept’s and outside vendors to produce live events and conferences both domestically and globally.
- Develop partnerships and relationships with high-end production companies
- Use sound research techniques to produce content with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong team player that takes on challenging projects with a positive attitude, communicates well with medical professionals
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure, work in fast-paced environments
- Able to write scripts for a healthcare professional audience
- Responsible for developing and delivering against key video engagement metrics and delivering high quality video content in accordance with editorial and best practice policy and standards
- Excellent organizational skills for tracking events timelines and budgets, expertise in Excel and Microsoft Suites, Smartsheet as well as other organizational tools
- Produce and direct live virtual webinars and conferences/on site conferences
- Expertise in streaming (Livestream/VmIx) and strong tech problem solving ability
- Demonstrated experience in video production and post for the web
- Media Management
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline-driven Web environment
- Exceptional working knowledge of video editing, (Adobe Suite)
- Multi camera production
- Skilled at directing presenters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous showrunner experience
- Ability to work independently with other departments
- Vendor contacts in the live event, virtual and post production space
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- 6 years working in multimedia/ live events producing compelling events and content that drives membership and pushes the envelope