Senior Email Development Specialist
Job ID 2021-3216
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Reporting to Senior e-Services Production Manager, the Email Development Specialist manages various email marketing initiatives and prepares client’s working files for email use. This position requires direct communication with clients and sales account managers. The Email Development Specialist translates our client’s design documents into email templates and is responsible for soliciting feedback, meeting review and approval deadlines, and scheduling campaigns.
- Convert design documents to HTML files for email
- Ensure the layout of content is accessible and logical, recommend improvements as needed
- Perform quality checks, troubleshooting, and updates to existing email templates
- Assist Sales team in kickoff conversations and status check-ins
- Act as primary point of contact for external clients during the review process
- Document best practices and client requirements
- Coordinate deadlines and meet projected deployment dates
- Manage email deployments: one-off sends and automated campaigns
- Perform and analyze A/Bsplit testing for template formats and subject lines
- Implement additional web tracking as requested by clients
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in email marketing or interactive marketing industry
- Minimum 3 years of email HTML/CSS design experience (especially with email-based HTML limitations and knowledge of current email design trends and techniques).
- Experience with Email/Marketing Automation platforms is required (i.e.: ExactTarget, Acoustic, Marketo, Elogua, HubSpot, etc.)
- Strong HTML and CSS to author and debugoutbound emails ahead of each send
- Fluency in how to build email campaigns with dynamic or conditional content
- Email/marketing automation server migration a plus
- An ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem-solving email technical issues
- Excellent customer and internal communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience working with internal teams and external agencies in the creation of assets needed to satisfy digital campaign requirements
- Must be able to multi-task and manage timelines
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment
- Pharmaceutical industry experience highly desirable
- Proficient in JIRA, Adobe CS, Salesforce.com, Microsoft Office and G Suite
- Ability to work occasional overtime