Job ID 2020-1870
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Practice Advancement Associates (PAA), a division of JHI's Professional Publications Group, provides strategic planning and multi-platform communications programs for optical manufacturers, retailers, vendors, ECPs and optometric associations and alliances. Specifically, PAA conceptualizes, creates and manages business education programs, custom print publications, and digital programs geared to helping optometrists and retailers manage the business aspects of their practice with proficiency and success. PAA produces Review of Optometric Business, an online journal focused on the Optometry market, as well as ancillary projects, microsites and sponsored events under the ROB title. In addition, PAA produces a host of custom publications/websites, chief among them Women in Optometry, which has matured as a title to support professional meetings and reports and Review of Myopia Management, an online journal that focuses on the emerging field of Myopia Management.
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and increasing revenue from advertising for all PAA editions, websites and supplements. The position provides ongoing support to customers/clients and provides outstanding customer service.
- Responsible for generating revenue
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet and exceed assigned targets
- Establishes account strategies and oversees administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Acts as a resource to clients.
- Develops proposals and negotiates contracts, closes the sale and develops marketing plans for contract accounts
- Assist with the planning of sales exhibits and attend applicable conventions, meetings and trade shows
- Keep informed of new products, services and other information of interest to customers
- Check competitive activity and develop new methods of retaining accounts and attaining new accounts
- Key account sales and account management
- Manage relationships with existing key accounts
- Renew and upsell where possible
- Identify new opportunities and present solutions
- Business development / new market opportunities
- Research the market to identify new target market segments
- Develop sales strategy
- Work with internal resources to develop messaging/presentation materials
- Leverage industry relationships to develop business in untapped market segments
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate products and solutions
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any issues
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals, and work effectively with the team
- Monitor, track, and report on renewals, leads, new business, and key accounts
- Attend industry and association meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years of media sales experience.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and time management skills required
- Healthcare publishing market experience is a plus.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Goal-oriented team player
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and cross-functional members of the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and accountable with solid work ethic and a commitment to quality
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and strategic relationship building (interpersonal / networking skills)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, communicate, and implement successful proposals
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ‘virtual’, dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Self-directed and confident with ability to multi-task
- Strong time management, organization and administrative skills
Up to 50% to 60% travel required, including weekends for customer meetings, conventions or exhibits, business review meetings, sales meetings and other meetings