Manager, Contracts Administration
Job ID 2021-2667
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is remote for the time being, but Covid permitting will require a full-time presence in our NYC or Atlanta offices.
Medscape is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Contracts Manager to join its Sales Operations & Contract Management team. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the timely creation, negotiation, and execution of all sales contracts, as well as managing the contracts approval process.
- Manage and mentor Contracts Analyst.
- Ownership of the internal contract management system, including the tracking and communicating of contract status.
- Designing complex agreements to define funding for new products and nonstandard services.
- Anticipating needs for new contract templates in response to shifts in business priorities.
- Ownership of document library of approved contract templates, negotiation history, and executed agreements.
- Maintenance of process standards, including integration of new business, when applicable.
- Liaise with legal, sales, program management, and finance departments.
- Preparation and execution of contracts in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 – 8 years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years developing contracts.
- Direct managerial responsibilities, minimum 2 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert-level Microsoft Word proficiency.
- Must be very detail oriented with strong analytical abilities.
- Must be responsible, accountable, results-driven, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient use of Salesforce, G Suite, and SharePoint Online.
- Experience negotiating government and global contracts.
- Experience working remotely.