Job ID 2019-1607
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As a WebMD web developer, you will be responsible for developing and supporting front-end web applications that are accessible, standards compliant and WebMD best practice complaint. This candidate must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively across various teams, quickly adapt to business needs, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. The developer will need to be able to work using various technical systems which work together to deliver our content and applications to millions of online users.
- Collaborating effectively with delivery teams; Developers, designers, project managers, content publishers
- Taking direction and quickly respond to changes and business needs
- Using strong communication skills to quickly adapt as needed to accomplish business goals
- Using effective and comprehensive troubleshooting skills to quickly resolves issues with code
- Leveraging the in-house WebMD CMS and systems in collaboration with code to deploy high quality web applications
- Working in a team environment (offsite for freelancers) and being able to pick up existing code and efficiently adapt in order to make updates across different coding languages
- Committing to a full work day as the business needs require
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in web development
- Solid debugging skills
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities and execute in a deadline driven environment
- Basic understanding of version control software (Git, Subversion)
- A high-demand for code quality and ability to code pixel-perfect web applications
Additional Preferred skills
- 5+ years of relevant work experience and/or Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and use of common JS libraries
- Strong knowledge of Node.js, NPM and build systems (Grunt, Webpack, Gulp)
- Excellent debugging skills across various languages
- Solid knowledge of XSL, XSLT and XML stylesheets
- Basic knowledge of WCAG/508 compliance and accessibility