Intern - Marketing
Job ID 2021-2855
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Marketing
Summer Internship – 6/7 – 8/20
Local applicants only, no housing assistance offered.
We are looking for a self-motivated and creative Marketing Intern to join our growing global business this summer. If you’re someone who wants to build a career in market research, social media, and/or content strategy, then we want to work with you. Your work will include preparing market research presentations, producing datasheets and other sales-support material, monitoring social media platforms and creating LinkedIn content, and more.
A successful candidate will have good attention to detail and a “go-getter” attitude with an in-depth knowledge of data analysis, social media platforms, and B2B marketing techniques.
- Manage and be the gate-keeper of sensitive internal data.
- Perform analysis on survey outcomes and identify key insights.
- Prepare market research presentations for the Global and Latin America sales teams to leverage.
- Help create datasheets and ad-hoc sales-support collateral.
- Assist in monitoring company social media platforms and identify trending news and ideas in the global healthcare market.
- Craft LinkedIn posts and design accompanying content for the platform.
- Contribute to the creation of emails and implementation of campaigns.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software (e.g. Pardot, Salesforce, Canva) and social media platforms, LinkedIn in particular.
- Strong skill set in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Receptive to feedback and a passion for marketing and/or healthcare.
- *Graphic design experience is a plus, but not required!