Sr Systems Administrator
Job ID 2019-1633
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD’s Technology Operations team is looking for a skilled, ambitious Systems Administrator to join a very versatile team that supports Windows and Linux OSes, multiple virtualization solutions and enterprise hardware in a data center environment. The candidate will be responsible for configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Linux (Redhat, CentOS) operating systems, DELL and HP servers, handling day-to-day support tickets, cabling and labeling, installing and decommissioning hardware. The candidate must be comfortable coordinating downtime, using change management processes, supporting after-hours maintenance and being part of the on-call rotation. The candidate should be self-motivated, analytical, inclined to pay attention to detail, able to communicate clearly, willing to learn new skills and work well as part of a team as well as individually.
- 4+ years of experience in designing and managing enterprise systems running Windows Server Operating Systems and applications.
- Expertise in diagnosing and fixing hardware issues.
- Experience managing core enterprise services including CIFS, SMB, FTP, SFTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH.
- Strong understanding of clusters, load balancers, high-availability, DR and the TCP/IP stack.
- Comfortable researching, demonstrating, recommending and implementing new tools, technology, and processes that satisfy business needs.
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting techniques to diagnose Windows OS issues.
- Comfortable managing requests within the defined SLO thru ticketing systems.
- A sense of urgency for issue resolution and able to provide root cause analysis.
- Experience managing Active Directory, Trust Relationships and Group Policies.
- Scripting in multiple languages such as Shell, Python and Ruby.
- Experience managing NetApp storage solutions and EMC storage.
- Familiarity with container frameworks such as Docker, OpenStack and CloudStack.
- Experience working with Mac OS.
- Familiarity with security concepts, OS hardening best practices and WireShark.
- Familiarity with Arista switches, Palo Alto firewalls and Netscaler/F5 load lalancers.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering. Or equivalent experience (in addition to base experience requirement)